This quarter has been insane, high-speed, and exhausting… but it’s also been amazing, exhilarating, and rewarding!! Ya girl is out here winning, and I’m so incredibly stoked that I can’t contain myself, lol! Check out the podcast for what I’ve been up to lately, but for those of you who just want to get straight to the tea, here’s a short list:
MY Q1 WINS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Finished and polished TWO PILOTS!
- Submitted to 40+ screenwriting / TV writing opportunities, labs, and fellowships!
- WHEN IN ROHM won the GRAND PRIZE in the WINTER 2021 SCREENWRITING CONTEST at writemovies.com!!! AAAAHHH!!!!!
- WHEN IN ROHM was ranked in the 91st percentile for the first round of the WeScreenplay Diverse Voices Contest
- I won a $1000 scholarship to the Writers Bootcamp’s “Basic Training” program via their African American Perspectives Fellowship (describe the project I pitched)
- EZEKIEL placed as a Quarterfinalist (amongst 4,300) scripts in the 2021 Screencraft Screenplay Fellowship Contest!
- EZEKIEL was ranked in the 69th percentile in the WeScreenplay Diverse Voices Contest.
- Was featured on the women’s history panel for the high school I teach at and discussed my novel writing, screenwriting, and directing!!
MY Q2 GOALS SHORTLIST:
– re-edit, shore up, and re-polish my EZEKIEL pilot
– finish up my animation pilot (PI SLEUTHS)
– write and polish 2 more NEW pilots
– write and polish 1 spec script (THE MANDALORIAN)
– apply to the last remaining screenwriting & TV writing contests for Q2
– apply to the major TV writing fellowships (May)
– FINISH Jen Grisanti’s “How to Write a TV Pilot that Sells: Finding Story” course
– FINISH Jen Grisanti’s “Storywise Teleseminar” course
CONTESTS I’LL HAVE UPDATES ON BY MY Q2 ROUND UP (JUNE 30):
- Sesame Street Writers Workshop
- Circle of Confusion
- Mentorship Matters
- Film Independent Lab
- Sustainable Arts Foundation
- Semi-finalist, Finalist, and Winner news for the 2021 Screencraft Screenwriting Fellowship
- Quarterfinalist and Semifinalist news for the 2021 ScreenCraft True Story & Public Domain Competition
- Quarterfinalist and Semifinalist news for the 2021 WeScreenplay Diverse Voices Contest
- Quarterfinalist news for the Script Pipeline TV Writing Contest for both scripts
It’s so refreshing to see what can happen when you keep your dreams front of you and your nose on the grindstone. Please wish me luck as I shoot off into Q2!! Can’t wait to update you on my progress in July!
In the meantime, keep it indie, stay badass, and keep creating, lovelies! And most importantly? KEEP WRITING!
The Podcast: http://www.colbyrrice.com/the-epic-fantastical-journey-of-a-black-female-sci-fi-writer/
My Author Website: http://www.colbyrrice.com
My Novels: http://bit.ly/ColbyRRiceAmazonAuthorPage
Support the F’empire on Patreon: http://patreon.com/colbyrrice
My FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/ColbyRRicePage/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/ColbyRRice
My Instagram: https://instagram.com/colbyrrice