Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Giiiiiiirl… despite the fact that we have a real-life science experiment sitting and spinning in the White House, in the REBEL RAGDOLL house, it’s been one HELL of an amazing year!! xoxo
TABLE OF CONTENTS (FOR the Podcast)
**click a time stamp to go to the section you’re interested in!**
Professional Development & GROWTH
- You’ve Been Warned, Boo! Lol! – 00:00:00
- Creative Achievements Intro – 00:01:24
- Did I Achieve My Original 2017 Goals? – 00:06:50
- Reader Relationships for 2017 – 00:13:49
- Author Relationships 2017 – 00:26:28
- Influencer Relationships 2017 – 00:45:53
- Marketing & Platform-building 2017 – 00:55:31
- Writing, Research, and Shadow-development 2017 – 01:32:55
- Directing-Dramaturgy 2017 – 01:41:54
- Professional Development for 2017, I: My Personal Creative Uni – 02:09:54
- Professional Development for 2017, II: Graduate School – 03:06:36
My Media F’empire: Rebel Ragdoll
- Rebel Ragdoll – 03:57:46
- New Adult Noir(e) – 04:39:49
- Rebel Ragdoll Press – 04:59:58
- Rebel Ragdoll Productions – 05:06:49
- The Bohemian Badass – 05:22:45
- Subsidiaries in Development for 2018: The Blackheart Boulange & The Dollhouse – 05:46:07
- Subsidiaries in Development for Future: ChickRogue Studios, Subterranime, Doll Theatre, Miscellany! at Rebel Ragdoll – 06:02:02
- Personal Achievements! – 06:10:14
Creative Achievements for 2017:
DID I ACHIEVE MY original GOALS?
We’re going to start off by evaluating whether or not I even hit the goals that I originally set for myself at the beginning of the year.
reader relationships 2017
My relationship with my readers has grown EXPONENTIALLY, and I have SO much to talk about in this video! From the size of my readership to the quality of our rapport, I’ve seen improvements on all fronts. It’s one of my greatest achievements of 2017.
AUTHOR relationships 2017
2017 was a knock-out year for author relationships, and I loved it! I have finally found an internet home amongst other authors, and I’ve even been creating my own “online author home” of my own. 🙂
INFLUENCER relationships 2017
Strangely, “influencer relationships” wasn’t a topic I planned on discussing in my 2017 round up, but it IS an area that has seen considerable expansion, so let’s talk about it!
MARKETING & PLATFORM-BUILDING 2017
So marketing this year, unbeknownst to me, was pretty much on FLEEK. I worked on marketing a lot, and in many different ways: online, offline, setting up passive initiatives as well as active initiatives, and I’m here to report on it ALL!
WRITING, RESEARCH, & SHADOW-DEVELOPMENT 2017
So, I didn’t hit my writing speed goals NOR did I hit my book production goals this year. Still, though, I wrote a hell of a lot, worked on lots of outlines, did TONS of research, and world-built the fuck out of my franchises, lol. Hear more in the video!
I have had QUITE the education in directing and dramaturgy this year… LOL. That’s all I’ll say. Let’s get into it in the video.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT for 2017, I:
MY PERSONAL CREATIVE UNIVERSITY
This section details the creative training I finished, impactful experiences, and my professional development that sharpen my skills and acumen as a creative entrepreneur.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT for 2017, II:
GRADUATE SCHOOL TRAINING
This section details the creative training and professional development that I received in graduate school via my MFA in Theatre Arts, Dramaturgy program coursework, my TA training, and my growing production experience.
MY MEDIA f’EmpirE: Rebel ragdoll
This section keeps track of the growth of my creative f”Empire, Rebel Ragdoll, LLC, along with all its subsidiaries (Rebel Ragdoll Press, Rebel Ragdoll Productions, ChickRogue Studios, The Bohemian Badass, and Miscellany!). Here, you’ll get to see how I’m growing my creative legacy!
Our subsidiaries include (4 open AND running, 2 READY to launch in 2018, and 4 in shadow-development):
- Rebel Ragdoll Press (publishing),
- Rebel Ragdoll Productions (film & TV),
- ChickRogue Studios (games, software, and animation),
- Subterranime (comics, manga, animation),
- The Bohemian Badass (creative education & training),
- New Adult Noir(e) (content promotion services),
- The Blackheart Boulange (specialty & artisanal products),
- The Dollhouse Foundation (philanthropy & community-building),
- Miscellany! by Rebel Ragdoll (fashion, accessories, beauty), and,
- Doll Theatre (theatre arts and stage production).
WHAT WE GOT DONE AT REBEL RAGDOLL (as a whole) IN 2017
New Adult Noir(e)
WHAT WE GOT DONE AT NEW ADULT NOIR(E) IN 2017
REBEL RAGDOLL PRESS
WHAT WE GOT DONE AT REBEL RAGDOLL PRESS IN 2017
I didn’t hit NEARLY as many goals for my publishing press as I wanted for this year, but I’m still proud of my accomplishments!
REBEL RAGDOLL PRODUCTIONS
WHAT WE GOT DONE AT REBEL RAGDOLL PRODUCTIONS IN 2017
I really enjoyed establishing the production house this year. Fell IN LOVE with the logo, worked on SANDMAN, and shadow-developed two TV series. I’m still working towards the SANDMAN feature film, and I’m excited to see where it goes!
THE BOHEMIAN BADASS
WHAT WE GOT DONE AT THE BOHEMIAN BADASS IN 2017
I’m not going to lie: The Bohemian Badass, for whatever reason, is simultaneously my most exciting subsidiary, but also the one that has eluded me the most, probably because I simply have not made adequate time for it. Many things get done for it, but many things also do NOT get done for it. I’m determined to reign it in for 2018 and kick some ass.
OTHER SUBSIDIARIES DEVELOPED IN 2017:
THE BLACKHEART BOULANGE & THE DOLLHOUSE
**scheduled for launch in 2018!**
OTHER SUBSIDIARIES CONSIDERED IN 2017:
CHICKROGUE STUDIOS, SUBTERRANIME, DOLL THEATRE, AND MISCELLANY!
** scheduled for launch sometime in the far-off future **
This section details the more personal (and not always pretty) side of my creative life, including what’s up with my family, motherhood, health, hobbies, challenges, and resilience. Keeping track of these things helps me to see where I’m doing well and where I need to improve.